Friday, February 1, 2013

Museological Review from the University of Leicester

I realize I'm coming to this party very late, but this is terrific, and if you don't know about it, you should.

The University of Leicester has had a top-ranked museum studies program for quite some time, and they're the only degree program to my knowledge that offers a PhD in museum studies. I've been casually intrigued by the online PhD option they offer, but I'm not ready to commit to more graduate school yet, having been a free and independent soul for a whole nine months.

Since 1994, the program has published occasional issues of a peer-reviewed journal called Museological Review, and all past issues are up online. They've just published their first of 2013, full of some fascinating-looking articles from a recent conference on utopias.

I'll be reading through these issues over the next few weeks, and probably occasionally responding to them in this space. If you didn't know about this resource, enjoy!

(Because I'll use this place as an anchor point for any future reviews or talkbacks to articles, I'll continually update it with links to those articles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment