Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weekly Blog Roundup

Here are a few interesting blog posts from the museum world.

Guerrilla Interpretation, Mall Edition at The Uncataloged Museum

I had never heard of these hurricane booths the author writes about - partly because I can't remember the last time I was in a mall - but I love, love, LOVE this approach. It's smart and well thought-out and I love even the little bit of evaluation that went on to confirm that people really were absorbing and learning.

8 Things I'd Like You to Know from The Nonprofit University Blog

This is a bit pessimistic, and aimed more toward boards, but I've seen examples of most of these things in my own career. Nonprofits can and should do better.

Memo from the Revolution: Six Things I've Learned from Our Institutional Transformation from Museum 2.0

I love this. As usual, Nina has insightful, daring, and interesting things to say about nonprofit cultural institutions. In this one in particular I like her concentric circles metaphor. It's a reminder that revolution sometimes leaves things behind - and that's not necessarily the end of the world. I also wish more small institutions would implement the "no money, no bullshit" policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment